Eagleton Home PageThe original Eagleton Elementary School was built in 1891. It was named after William H. Eagleton. Mr. Eagleton was born in Cambridge, Ohio and came to Denver to begin his teaching career in 1880 in District 8, Arapahoe County. The following year he became superintendent of District 21. He became principal of Villa Park School in 1895. At this time Villa Park was a suburb of Denver. During Mr. Eagleton's principalship of some forty-two years, 1895 to 1937, he did not miss a day of school. Much of his vacation time was spent in travel and study. His philosophy was exemplified by his words "Education doesn't stand still any more than business or the arts stand still. To keep abreast of new developments in education, one must be a constant student."
Return to Top of Page
Eagleton Home Page